home •  y.a. series •  other books • bio •  events & reviews •  contact •   links & extras

Monday, December 13, 2010

Give a book this holiday season!

I recently joined a facebook group of 48 authors of distinguished, award-winning, and best-selling fiction. I know, I know. What am I doing there? I don't quite know. Somehow they let me into their club, and I'm not about to correct their error.

Anyway, we've all banded together to urge readers to give a book to someone this holiday season. The group's motto: "You can't give more enchantment for less." So true! I know I haven't kept up with my virtual book club at all, but some of these titles make me want to resume in the new year with renewed vigor. Consider adding one of these titles to your to-be-read list or buying one for a dear friend for the holidays!

Dracula in Love by Karen Essex. "...the writing is so vivid, lusciously sexy and chillingly outrageous by turns..." - The Star Ledger


The Last Will of Moira Leahy by Therese Walsh. "This tender tale of sisterhood, self-discovery, and forgiveness will captivate fans of contemporary women’s fiction.”- Library Journal

The Murderer's Daughters by Randy Susan Meyers. "A powerful portrait of sisters growing up in the shadow of violence . . . A thought-provoking, heart-tugging debut." Boston Magazine


Over the next few weeks, I'll try to post more book suggestions from the group. Until then, happy holidays and happy reading!!

No comments: