home •  y.a. series •  other books • bio •  events & reviews •  contact •   links & extras

Sunday, May 22, 2011

APOCALYPSE NOT NOW


A few reasons to be in a good mood on this fine Sunday morning in May:

1.     The apocalypse was averted. We are all still here.
2.     The end of the school year is in sight. Nineteen days left…
3.     My husband is very close to finishing his master’s thesis, and I am very close to finishing round 1 of edits for A Breath of Eyre.
4.     We went to my niece’s ninth birthday party last night, and her favorite thing in the world is peace signs. I think this is a good omen.
5.     Last weekend, we went to my brother-in-law’s wedding in South Carolina, and it was one of the most beautiful weddings I’ve ever seen. The couple completely reaffirmed my belief in true love (not that it ever truly wavered as I’m a lucky practitioner, but it’s good to see that love is alive and well).
Incidentally, my husband and I had an artist friend of ours do a contemporary portrait of the happy couple, and the painting turned out so magnificent, I couldn’t believe it. I can’t post the portrait here for privacy’s sake, but the paintings on this post are all by our friend Emmy Dudley. Her art captures the beauty and whimsy of life. Please check out her website and see if you don’t fall in love. http://www.emmyart.com/
And even though it’s overcast today, here’s a song that conveys my optimistic mood. Enjoy!


2 comments:

Ashley said...

I love number 5. And the pictures are beautiful. Also, I was feeling a little inspired and wrote a new post myself (check it out, because I'm pretty sure you are the only one who actually reads my blog :)

Eve Morasco said...

Yay, Ash! Going to read your post right now.